Installed iOS SDK but still cant build

Good day all,

i have attached a screenshot
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2610/cantbuild.png

i have installed iOS this morning but still cant click on the build button
also, the code signing identity is blank

any step i missed?

Thanks for the advice

That menu is populated from your installed provisioning profiles, and matching certificates. Check to see if both of those are installed correctly.

Hello,

I'am a beginner and i have the same problem.
where can i find or make provisioning profiles, and matching certificates?

Stefan

The provisioning profiles are made on Apple's developer site, and then installed on your device using XCode. Go there for information about how to do it.

Although the trial version of the Corona SDK gives you the impression you are able to build an application for your IOS device it simply won't work if you're not signed up for the 99$ developer membership at Apple.
it took me a while to figure this out. It would be helpful for all newbies if this info would be mentioned more clearly in the documentation and trial version.

I can't see anywhere it says you can build for your device without an Apple Developers account. Could you please point it out?

No, it doesn't say that, but neither it says you can't. That's my point.

See for example the FAQ under Pricing and Subscriptions - How much does it cost.
It says 'You can download a free unlimited trial of Corona SDK on Mac or Windows. This is a fully featured version and will allow you to develop apps and build them on your own device'.
It doesn't specify you have to be enrolled for the 99$ Apple Developer program.

Also, be careful when mentioning you can build for your device having an Apple developer account. Everyone can create an Apple developer account for free, however without enrollment for the 99$ developer program you won't be able to do that.

I wish it was more clearly specified on the site and doc (and perhaps build screen) that the trial version only allows building for your IOS device if you're enrolled for the IOS developers program.

FWIW the FAQ does have a section titled: What else will I need for iPhone builds?

views:1610 update:2011/10/4 8:06:35
corona forums © 2003-2011