FEATURE REQUEST: Auto trace polygon shape

Hi Don, any chance you can create a button or on the menu to just bulk (or even single) auto trace a rough polygon shape for all images based on transparency? I'm gonna have to do over 2000 manual polygon traces with your tool.

Something like being able to choose the # of points you want, then a single body convex shape based on the transparency of the image. Multi-body is fine also.

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

I'll definitely consider it. Not sure when I'll get a chance to implement it though. Can you email me and or post a couple pics to further explain the types of objects and use cases for this tool? I want to better understand the work flow.

One example I'm using it for is the letters of the alphabet, uppercase and lowercase, like a wood block game. The 2000 I'm going to do later is various objects like a gun, ruler etc. Even a non-bulk autotrace of 1 object will save time. Thanks for considering it.

Ok, that helps. To me it sounds like you almost want to have all the assets that have been selected to automatically have physics bodies added to them. That would be a lot less tedious than selecting each asset and then clicking autotrace.

Then again you'll want to inspect the results and manually adjust the output for each object. I'll have to think about this more to make sure the completing workflows make sense.

I'm not sure it make sense to add this to spriteloq or possibly have a separate program to optimize workflows for physics.

Thanks for the feedback.

views:1872 update:2012/2/10 9:26:24
corona forums © 2003-2011