AdMob for iPhone4 retina 640 width display

Has anyone figured out how to make admob ads render at a width of 640px rather than the standard 320px? I'm using the method described here: http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/03/20/got-admob-working-android

It works fine but the ad looks tiny on a 640px width display. I haven't been able to find a way to get either the local web popup to scale up double or get the ad html content from admob to scale. Any ideas?

I have it working in my current project. I'm using most of the techniques at the link you referenced, but here is what I'm doing that may be different:

- I am not using any of the built-in scaling that Corona provides. IOW, I'm pulling the display size dynamically and if it is 640x960 then I have a set of values for positioning images, etc., for that screen size and different set if it is 320x480, etc.
- HOWEVER, in my experience the web-popup window on an iPhone 4 device acts as if scaling is turned on and everything is scaled from a 320x480 base dimensions. IOW to have the web popup at the top for Admob I provide 0, 0, 320, 48 (x, y, w, h) as the coordinate values. But if I want to create a rectangle using drawRect to go behind the popup (in case there is no network connection) then I'll have to provide 0, 0, 640, 96 as the coordinate values on a iPhone4 device.

- Stephen
Kigra Software

views:1648 update:2011/9/28 21:38:26
corona forums © 2003-2011