Exploding a crate

Hi All,

I have only just started using corona, very nice. As part of a game, I would like to have a crate explode apart upon impact. What would be the best/most realistic way to do this. Is it best to use particle candy (in which case how do I give the effect that the crate has exploded) or is it best to substitute the crate for smaller objects, align the pieces to look like the crate and use the physics engine to animate the explosion. Also I may want the pieces to have an impact on the objects around them (I haven't decided at this stage).

Any direction would be great

Thanks.

There have been previous posts discussing parts of this, including having an impact on surrounding objects.

As to the best way of doing this, I know many people favor Particle Candy and can get some wonderful results, however some people prefer to code these things themselves from scratch - ultimately neither way is better, it just comes down to how you want to do it :)

Peach

If they didn't interact with other things around you would not necessarily need physics to animate them.

views:1711 update:2012/2/8 8:46:10
corona forums © 2003-2011