Camera Bug - Freezes in the Camera preview screen with iOS 5.0.1

Since the update of 5.0.1 on the iPAD2 I am now receiving an issue with the camera. Even the example in the SampleCode will no longer work.

Using an iPad2 when the camera is accessed this opens up the camera preview display, but after taking the image, or even if you try and cancel, this preview screen will not disappear completely covering the App interface

On the simulator this will not produce an error! This has to be tested on the device (I am using IPAD2)

I have tried the latest DAILY BUILD but this did not fix the issue

Hey, Josh, I found that physics objects behave oddly on iOS 5.0.1 device as posted here.

Ansca staff, it might be good to have the Daily Build 644 made available so that, maybe, Josh can check if the camera problem goes away with Daily Build 644. (Not sure if 644 would make any difference, but just in case...)

Naomi

I saw this camera bug too with one of the latest daily builds.
I tried building my app with an earlier daily build ( don't remember which one ) and it worked as it should.

Thanks for feedback here, i was able to access build 644 by accessing the file directly, seems they are still hosting the dmg file on the servers :)

http://developer.anscamobile.com/sites/default/files/corona/2011.644/CoronaSDK-2011.644.dmg

So il give this ago and see what the outcome is

Well i've tried build 644 and I can happily say that this fixes the issue! so if your experiencing similar problems try the 644 download link above

Thanks

Josh

Hey, Josh, thanks for posting the result. I'll link to this post from the site where I reported the physics issue (so that Ansca staff would be aware of this issue as well.)

Naomi

The iOS 5 camera problems was specific to the camera code and has been fixed in daily build 694. We were able to duplicate and fixed the issue. We are still looking at the Physics object problem.

views:1422 update:2011/11/25 8:45:21
corona forums © 2003-2011