Bundle IDs with dots are being replaced with - and being rejected by the uploader

Hey ya,

I still can't build for the AppStore past Corona Build: 2011.632.
I tried all builds up to the newest one.

Now build 2011.715 replaces a bundle identifier like com.blabla.appname with com-blabla-appname and iTunes Upload refuses it, since my bundle id is com.blabla.appname.

I had issues on around build .703 in which bundle IDs didn't accepted dots, now they are just replaced.

Again, I just submitted building with 2011.632.

Anyone having the same issues?

Thanks.

This was a recent change we made because we were allowing illegal characters into the bundle id before. The new behavior mimics what Xcode does exactly.

If you need a specific bundle id, you may either use a fully qualified name in your provisioning profile (no wildcards) or explicitly declare the CFBundleIdentifier in your build.settings under the iphone->plist table.

I tried explicitly declaring the CFBundleIdentifier and it also replaced the dots with - with uploader refusing it too.

Double check your build.settings and make sure you filled it out correctly. For example, the table 'iphone' must be all lower case.

got the same issue a few days ago with 715 and was told to carry on

now I can see it was not a problem on my side probably

I'm having this same issue as well. Everything was working fine before. I set my Application Name to com.loqheart.cannoncat

and I removed the CFBundleIdentifier because another thread suggested removing it from the iphone plist table.

Now I keep getting warning: This bundle is invalid. The application-identifier entitlement is not formatted correctly; it should contain your 10-character App ID Seed, followed by a dot, followed by your bundle identifier: PK45W7W2MF.com-loqheart-cannoncat (-19054)

which looks related to karnak's error.

I'm running build 715 as well.

Update:
I just built and submitted to the app store with build 689 while specifying the CFBundleIdentifier as com.loqheart.cannoncat. My provisioning profile Bundle ID is *.

This must be a build.settings issue (either the way people are formatting it, or including invalid paramaters perhaps?)

I have built 5 apps for device using team profile * id and other set profiles fine and submitted 1 app update and one new app to the app store with no issues with build 715

I've been using Build 715 and submitted apps to the App-Store with no problems.
From what I can tell it's most likely because I don't use wildcard provisioning profiles.

I create one AppID for each of my apps and enter a fully qualified bundle ID. Yes, this does mean that you'll have 2 provisioning profiles/app (developer + distribution), but it also means you don't have to worry about typing in the correct bundle ID anywhere else. The build-process will take it from the provisioning profile.

A little more work in the iOS Provisioning Portal, but a lot less headache later...

I got a build working with 715 by creating a new App ID with a Bundle Seed ID using the Team ID and a fully qualified Bundle ID.

The confusing part is when building with the development provisioning profile, I get a warning about a "failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate". I hadn't see this warning before, so I thought it was an error. Wasted a lot of time thinking I was doing something wrong. Why is this warning displayed now when it wasn't displayed before?

We have noticed there seems to be a bug in Apple's validation tool where a different validation failure gives you that error message "This bundle is invalid. The application-identifier entitlement is not formatted correctly; it should contain your 10-character App ID Seed, followed by a dot, followed by your bundle identifier: PK45W7W2MF.com.youcompany.foo (-19054)"

We think Apple uses this as the default fallback message if they don't have the correct message for your case, which is not the correct thing. In addition, we discovered that you should NOT put the 10-character App ID seed in your CFBundleIdentifier even when developing natively in Xcode, so this is wrong too.

So it is possible you have some kind of validation failure and the error message is misleading you.

@don
Yeah, whenever I build with a Development Certificate I get the following warning:

warning: Application failed codesign verification.  
The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an 
iPhone Distribution Certificate. (-19011)

...but I've never paid much attention to it because it's only a warning, and the warning is correct. I didn't sign with a Distribution Certificate. I signed with a Development Certificate.

I guess they give you this warning to give you a heads-up just in case you intended to sign with a Distribution Certificate for later upload to iTunes Connect.

Ingemar is right. I always when developing see this message too. But as @ingemar said above, this warning is still correct and ok because it knows as I know I am building WITHOUT the Distribution profile because I am not going (yet) upload/distribute this build for the App Store as well (just testing thing out, development time still). And so, after all the tests and codes, and then, I go to iTC to get my Distribution profile and like this be able to build for app store without see that WARNING MESSAGE any more and all is good.

Hope it let you with more info to do not worry about that @don.

PS: FYI, before I`ve never seen this message (when I started with Corona), but a couple of daily-builds ago looked like did this "warning" about the distribution profile pops-up! I just thought so: yes, looks like the Corona System is being even more smart. :)

Cheers,
Rodrigo.

views:1889 update:2012/1/9 8:53:30
corona forums © 2003-2011