Forth coming Corona textbook - what do you want?

Not to self-promote (okay, self-promoting a little), I am finishing up a textbook to be used for teaching Corona in the classroom.

I plan to publish an edition that is not a textbook for the general Corona community and an edition that is a textbook for students and teachers.

What features do you expect/want in the textbook?
At this time I plan to include in/with the textbook:
- Projects/Assignments at the end of each chapter
- Powerpoints (available for teachers) for each chapter

I have moved to 100% project-based classes with no tests. However, I am willing to create test-banks if there is enough demand/interest.
I am also considering making a moodle/blackboard course that could be downloaded and used with the book. Is there any interest in this?

For me it would be personally use. I would like to see just the understanding off the Lua language. I would rather read it out of a Corona Text Book than a Lua book. Mostly like what the functions do, and what happens if you don't include some important code. I think the Hello World stuff is really easy, but maybe focus on some of the more advanced coding. Like actually real world examples, like saving, internet access, multiplayer (would be awesome), navigation, arrays, lua tables, math functions. Hope this helps. Also don't make the book to expensive.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Thank you Jordan.
I'm including a lot of material on Lua. Hopefully it is in a format that you will find helpful!
I won't have multiplayer in this book but it will be in my next one. Everything else that you mention is in this one.

Okay, I take back the comment on multiplayer. It MIGHT have multi-player included. I'm working on a second game concept and it seems ripe for a multi-player implementation.

i would like to see more information and practical examples of using tables in corona and proper explaining of every thing that matters in tables like arguments and so on

i hope to read your textbook soon enough)

Cover in Chapter 13 (which will be in the full release later this month)!

Sounds Great,

Especially the Moodle shell with assignment. We have a computer programming class at our school that uses Corona, that would greatly benefit from something like this.

Regards,

Derrick Lord
Myron B. Thompson Academy

views:1427 update:2011/9/25 12:40:18
corona forums © 2003-2011