IAP restore

Hi friendly people,

A couple of In-App Purchasing questions:

1) Is it mandatory to offer a 'restore' button/option? I've read that buying something you already bought makes the same purchase again but you don't have to pay again so in that way just a 'buy' button could be enough, no - for non-consumables.
2) How does the restore option know who you are? Is that through the mac-ID you set for the store?
3) What do we need to do with the receipt and originalreceipt thingies? Can we just ignore these or do we need to store them somewhere?
4) What does restoring return as event.transaction? Is it "purchased" just like regular first-time buying?

thanks,
Thomas

p.s. It still amazes me after 5 months how well Corona works for me!

Hey, Thomas, I use IAP in my game-still-in-development, but I haven't really thought about restore routine. I suppose having restore button would be more elegant. I'm sure more experienced developers can give us better idea as to what to do & expect, but here are my thoughts:

1) I don't know if "restore" button is mandatory. If so, I'd like to know. Meanwhile,, after a user buy a non-consumable item, if he/she tries to purchase the same item, IAP restores it and notifies the user that he/she already has it. This notification comes in the form of a native alert message.

2) IAP knows who you are when you're signed in. And you can't buy things without signing in first.

3) I don't do anything with receipts at the moment. Not sure if developers are required to store them.

5) I don't know what event.transaction gets returned. All I've noticed is the native alert that pops up with a pre-canned message when the non-consumable item is restored.

Naomi

ad 1) I think restore function is useful, when there is lots of products to buy. You can "buy" them again in a single action instead of rebuy them all one by one. However, I implemented restore even if I have got only single product to buy, "premium content". Users might be used to it.

ad 2) As Naomi explained, just try to go to Settings/Store in your device and log out. You will see, that system will prompt you for your login information when purchasing something.

ad 3) I would like to know it too. The transaction information seems to be important, but I found it useless.

ad 4) Restoring calls the same callback as purchase. In purchase case the event.transaction.state is set to "purchased". In restore case the event.transaction.state is set to "restored".

As for number 3) I don't do anything with the receipt, and my app was approved by Apple.
I only have one non-consumable though. It *might* be required for consumables or subscriptions...

views:2344 update:2012/2/9 11:37:26
corona forums © 2003-2011