App working in background... (Push notification inside)

Hello all,

Is there a way of using a timer in background (while the app is not used) ?
Now it's seems that all timers are paused when you switch app/ leave your app (and UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend is set to false).

My idea (everybody has this very same idea! ;) ) is to to build a (remote / server based) notification system, using local notification and timer to check every X min/hour...

[Beside]
I'm getting tired of waiting corona to bring us this very important feature... I'm also very frustrated of refusing jobs (business app) because client always ask for this ! I mean even if i build a game, wich seems to be the core of corona, how can you warn your players for new feature or others things to bring them back to use your app (excluding making an update! ...).

Really i can't understand... I love corona, and it was so refreshing as a developer... But now i think corona begins to lose focus, buiding desktop app ? (Wth ? No doubt about it... there's others frameworks that can do it better, but that's not the point. And i'm think of walter and carlos ex-job!) Stay focus to mobile apps ! There is so much to do and other major OS to support... What about win phone 7 ?

I really love corona, i enjoy how Carlos and Walter communicating and "leading the boat", but now i began to wonder if i have to look for others solutions...

Sincerely,
[/beside]

views:1248 update:2011/11/25 8:45:21
corona forums © 2003-2011