Invalid Binary

I have build for device using my Distribution Profile, and I have uploaded it through Application Loader, but after a while I received an email:

Invalid Signature - Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

I am sure I have used a distribution profile.
What's the problem please? Thanks.

Adhoc profiles are also considered "distribution" profiles... did you make sure you created a separate distribution profile for App Store (non Adhoc?).

Here are the steps (you might want to redo just to make sure).

1. Go to the iOS provisioning portal.
  2. Click the Distribution tab.
  3. Click the New Profile button (right)
  4. Ensure the App Store bullet is marked (not Adhoc)
  5. Make sure you select the proper App ID.
  6. Download the new profile and place into your ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles folder.
  7. Restart the simulator and rebuild using the new distribution profile.

If you follow all of those steps, there should be no issues regarding the proper provisioning profile when submitting your app.

Hope that helps!

Hi johnathanbeebe,
Thanks for your quick reply.

I just checked it again. I only have one profile, which is Distribution Profile for App Store. Also I only have one app ID.

I have tried to rebuild many times, with different combinations of settings, like 1. build for iphone, 2. build for iphone+ipad 3. using build.settings 4. not using build.settings 5.using build 351 and 484 6. changed the plist icon constants following other threads searched in this forum.

I could upload through Application Loader without any problems. But afterwards, the status of my App always turned to "Invalid binary".

I have searched in the Internet, and I got some hints.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3658929/itunesconnect-iphone-app-status-invalid-binary
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3433360/what-can-cause-invalid-binary-with-no-email-followup-from-itunes-connect

I followed the suggestions and built and uploaded for about 10 times, but it always showed me the same result.

Someone from the above links said he met the same problem but he could use Xcode to upload and got review pending successfully. How can I use Xcode Organizer to archive binary built by Corona?

Thanks very much!

Do you use the zip file that gets outputted when you build? If so, try this...

Instead of using the zip file that gets created when you build, delete it.

Then, take the actual binary that gets outputted when you build, right-click it and then click Compress.

Upload THAT zip file and see if it works for you.

Hi johathanbeebe,
Thanks. I tried that before as I read about that from a thread.
But it didn't work. The error that time was from Application Loader. The file zipped by me was rejected by Application Loader for something like invalid signing, and even wasn't uploaded to the Apple server.

I'm having the exact same issue. I zipped the .app file myself, am using a distribution (not ad hoc) certificate and the proper app ID. Does anyone else have additional advice?

Nick

Hi, everybody. I'm having the exact same issue. "Invalid Binary".

First of all, my game was rejected because my game had non-public API(OpenFeint). So, I changed the Distribution Provisioning Profiles and I tried again with build 683 and result "invalid binary". Can anybody help me?

Solved. iTunes sent me a e-mail explaining what it was wrong. I forgot to add some icons. Thank guys.

views:2450 update:2011/11/19 17:31:56
corona forums © 2003-2011