Anotherbasic how does that go question: Universal Apps

Say someone spends like forever making a game, not that it makes forever to make a game with Corona, but they keep on modifying and improving things plus they barely ever get a moment to themselves because of their job, their crazy family, and 3 dogs. So they spend every last minute they can on it until they are fully satisfied and finally submit it, but they only built it for iPhone because back when they started it Universal Builds did not even exist yet. Then they say to themselves, this will go nicely on the iPad. How does that work? Can this person just make a Universal build, test it, and then re-submit it with the same App ID, seed bundle-matronic identamatrix, provisioning profile, and iTunes connect whatever-the-heck is involved there? This might be a silly question, but somewhere in that process I thought I remember you specify whether the app is for iPhone, iPad, or both, but I might be hallucinating from lack of sleep.

Hi,

First of all, you need to make sure your app is prepared for the universal build. Especially the images needed for different resolution.
This blog should help you understand what needs to be setup for it.
http://blog.anscamobile.com/2010/11/content-scaling-made-easy/

After that, when you build your app with Corona SDK, you will have the option of choosing to build just for iPhone only, iPad only or iPhone + iPad (universal) option.

I think the rest of the app ID, bundle ID, provision is the same regardless of which build.

Good luck on building your app.
:D

Oh that's excellent and a relief, thanks for the info! Whew! I'm clicking all through the dev center and iTunes connect trying to find where I though I saw that but clearly it must be the lack of sleep thing. Thanks again!

views:1691 update:2011/10/18 15:01:22
corona forums © 2003-2011