Request for a new Sticky on Android SDK Development

Hi There!

I love Corona. Absolutely do. I downloaded Titanium the other day. I don't want to use it, I really don't.

Here's the thing - despite reading the stickies on this forum that ask if we want things to be 4.5x faster and despite the 'BETA' tag on the Windows SDK (which I have both MacOS and Windows installed, so that's neither here nor there to me) --

I have an App that looks beautiful in the simulator. It looks terrible on Android.

addImageRect MIGHT make things slow. I don't know. I took all of those commands out and it was still slow.

Using a Sprite Sheet probably made it slow - I took that out and the app looks better -- but, it's not much on an app right now as the main part was dragging across the sprite to make the frames change.

--

I want to purchase Corona. I want to use it. I want to have a great time with it. I want to evangelize it -

But after saying all this - I would like for there to be a bit more transparency with the known issues with the Android versions and a tentative release plan on fixing the issues to keep my confidence.

Heck - perhaps known issues should be addressed when compiling in the CLI / Debug View? Just some warnings?

--

Yes, I know there are some posted things that the Windows SDK doesn't do - or that Android doesn't support -- but I don't feel like it addresses speed issues or any reason as to why a Sprite sheet would totally bomb out.

Sorry that I'm not more composed - I wish I knew how to be - but I don't have enough to work with :)

views:1358 update:2011/10/9 9:57:41
corona forums © 2003-2011