Setup a company to publish an app?

What do most individuals do to publish a "casual" app? I'd prefer not to have my name directly in the app store. But, I assume that requires setting up some sort of company like a partnership or an LLC. Any thoughts?

In California, the minimum corporate tax for a corporation is $800 every year. The average revenue from app development is something like $640. So setting up a corporation is statistically just going to increase your losses. If you're making significant money, then go for it.

I was basically looking for a way so I don't have to have my name directly in the app. I notice there aren't that many apps i the app store by individuals.

You don't have to put your name. I am pretty sure you can just put the name of your development company- I don't think it actually has to be an official company.

Warning, blatent plug follows:

I'm an independent developer, i.e. not a company, and just had my first app released on the App Store. My app is displayed as being by my ficticious company but for seller is does list my name.

I think your seller information is setup when you first join the iOS program.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keepeeuppy/id416987622?mt=8

views:1393 update:2011/10/7 11:17:15
corona forums © 2003-2011