Thoughts on creating a Flash version of game for marketing

Now that my game is more or less complete, I wondered if there would be any advantages of creating a Flash version of the game, the idea being people could have a play before purchasing the game.

Has anyone done this and felt it was worth the effort or would it be better just to throw out a free version of the game or a combination of the two?

Donut Games put out Flash versions, but basically only the same amount of content as the Lite iPhone version. http://www.donutgames.com/play/lucky_coins

Personally I think this is a good idea, if you're game isn't too complex there's a lot you can re-use (level data, graphics, sounds etc)

If you plan your code carefully, then creating the different versions to some extent should be a case of rewriting the language of functions but keeping the same structure (Level functions, spawner functions, sound play functions etc)

j

Thanks jmp909 - It would be really simple creating a Flash version as I come from a Flash coding background and write all my lua code as close to how I would write it in Flash as possible (not OOP).

I guess it would do no harm if a limited version of the game. It may tempt a few more people to purchase the game:)

views:1509 update:2011/10/7 11:17:15
corona forums © 2003-2011