Where to get advertisers for Ads? :)

Hello
I'm very new with Ads and all related stuff so first of all excuse me if i've posted to the wrong forum.
In summary: i want to add ads to my app and to get some money on this :) I've created an account on Admob.com and now I want to add advertisement. In admob it asks to specify the web site url the Ad will point to. So the question is: where to get these sites? Who will be paying for this clicks etc? Any links and help will be appriciated!

I haven't used admob before and assumed they take care of finding the advertisers, so I'm curious about this too.

It sounds like you are in the wrong area of admob. You can be an advertiser (i.e. pay for people to click your ads where they will be taken to your website) or a developer. Make sure you are in the developer section.

Hi havlen
Hm... maybe you're right. But I've checked it onces again: I've created another account and specified myself as developer. So in my acount I still see the Campaing, Add Site and other features. So when I'm adding for example a site, specifying url etc I can than get the code (html with javascript) which I can insert into my app - so it looks like developer's feature - not advertiser... Or I'm wrong?

Corona doesn't actually support AdMob or in-app advertising. Normally, you would choose new New Site and then choose Android App, iPad App,iPhone App, etc. And it would give you the code for that app.

I know some people have worked around this restriction and got it working with Corona, while others have run into problems. Personally, I'm waiting until we have true in-app advertising support.

If you are trying to work your way around the issue by choosing Mobile Web or Smartphone Web (etc.), it's trying to figure out the website address you are building. If you have a personal website or a website for your company, put that in. I don't believe it actually uses the website address in the javascript it produces.

Hi havlen
Yes, I've already found these workarounds and they works ok on my apps in test mode. But now I want to switch them in real mode. But what I can't understand is how the admob itself is working... But it's probably offtopic here... So sorry :)

have anybody success used admob with corona sdk publish android???
i'm try use sample on web,but now don't success

There are many ad-networks that you can use but i suggest you to try a mediator so you'll be able to reach with only one integration many of them. If you'd like to receive more information, please write me here: mercedes [at] inner-active [dot] com.

views:1372 update:2011/10/7 11:17:15
corona forums © 2003-2011