Any experience with accelerometer data being cached??

Hi

Yet more on this...

Strangely, the issue below resolved itself when I did one of 2 things : I remade the provisioning profile (I was adding another device for testing) : I did a sync using iTunes rather than through XCode. No idea why this would be, but it meant I could continue developing.

It still goes very slow when the device checks for email, but control is no longer lost.

Of course, now there's an issue with the accelerometer being ignored, but I'm tackling that in another thread.

Thanks.

--

Hi

Further to the below - still no luck. If anyone has any pointers, please let me know.

I've tested everything now and it's all fine except when the device checks for emails, then accelerometer controls slows, then is lost for some time. It does seem to be buffer emptying - either way it's a show-stopper at present.

One test was to include a loop that limits the number of accelerometer requests, but this makes no difference when the email check occurs.

I can get around the other sleep/resume problem simply by stopping the app from sleeping.

Again, any pointers would be appreciated. Perhaps there's a way of switching off the email checks when the app is running?

Thanks

----

Hi

I'm using the accelerometer as the main control and have gravity and other forces affecting the main object. This all works fine until either :
- the iPhone checks for an email
- the iPhone suspends and goes to sleep

After either of these the object appears to be (possibly) under the control of data cached while the device was busy in the background or asleep. This can go on for some time until the influence is complete - well over a minute or more and seldom less. Most of the time I restart the app to clear it and start again.

So, does anyone know if this is a hardware issue? Is there a way of clearing accelerometer data, if that is what it is?

I'm using an iPhone 3G.

Thanks in advance.

views:1246 update:2011/10/1 9:04:19
corona forums © 2003-2011