corona simulator malloc error

Hi everyone,
I have encountered an error from the corona terminal:

Corona Simulator(645,0xa056e540) malloc: *** error for object 0x176c6e50: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Corona Simulator(645,0xa056e540) malloc: *** error for object 0x176c6150: pointer being freed was not allocated

This started showing up when I started using groups. I have been adding a bunch of objects to groups, then adding them to other groups-effectively removing them from the first group. Also, i have been removing all objects from a group to start over-using a for loop and using the :remove method.

I am not freeing any memory/objects when this error is thrown, so I am not sure why this is happening.

Has anyone else gotten this error and know why it was thrown? Is this possibly a bug in the simulator?

-Amanda

now i have also gotten this error:

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
/Users/amanda/Documents/Corona.268/Corona Terminal: line 9: 645 Bus error "$path/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Corona Simulator" $*

an object you are assigning or referencing is null - that's what the bus error usually mean.

c

Just to make sure, this is what i am doing:

group1:insert(object)
group2:insert(object)
(later this function is called to remove all the objects):

for i=1, group2.numChildren, 1 do
group2:remove(i)
end

group2 is then repopulated with other objects. It is very possible that i have made a mistake somewhere-I may be referencing something that i have removed prior, but is there anything wrong with this approach? I am not nil-ing anything out, this should not cause a problem? I will go through the code again otherwise

thanks,
amanda

Looks to be like i was referencing something i have removed. Inside the for loop, instead of removing the object i set isVisible=false, and the error is gone.

thanks so much for your help!

views:1543 update:2011/9/29 19:21:19
corona forums © 2003-2011