Support for alternate blend modes

I'd like to request support for blending modes on display objects and images. While there are many many possible blending modes using custom pixel shaders, just the basic fixed pipeline options as defined in OpenGL 1.1/1.2 using glBlendFunc() would be helpful:

Additive with alpha and saturation (for glows and special effects).
Subtractive with alpha and saturation (for fake shadows and lighting effects)
Multiply (tint)
Lighter and Darker (take the lighter / darker color between src and dest)
etc.

Masking could also fall under this general functionality as well (stencil mask)

Thanks
Lars

I am asking for the same features. Unfortunately, it is not possible to create realistic smoke, fire, laser, explosion, shadow effects etc. wihtout additive / substractive blend modes.

Masking would be essential, too, but blend modes are really vital.

Have these features been integrated or is there a time schedule yet? Couldn't find any info about in the docs :-(

Big +1 to the extra blend modes. I have a nice little collection of graphic routines that I'd like to use (fireworks, star fields, neon effects, motion blur, particle systems,etc) that all rely on the other blending modes. You can fake a few things using Photoshop and alpha levels but for Game Edition at least some extra blending modes should be available.

unless Corona is implementing these functions already, to do particle systems effectively we need access to GL's fast drawing routines for Point Sprites etc. From what I've looked at you supply an array of coordinates (vertices), an array of rects for the specific sprite from the sprite sheet, and optionally an array of colour tints, then it can output the whole set of particles to screen in one GL Draw() call ( something like that anyway... watch the tutorial here.. http://videos.71squared.com/6399602 )

j

Another + 1 for additional blend modes. Alpha transparency can be used for a lot, but nothing beats a bit of additive blending :)

+1 for some basic blend modes: Multiply, Darken, Overlay, Screen, Burn, Lighten.

Another + 1 for additive blend mode!!!

+1

Having done a lot of 3D coding, including OpenGL, I don't see this as being a difficult thing to accomplish. Perhaps I'm wrong, but we haven't gotten any sort of response to this request for eight months. Even a disappointing statement, like "that's really hard to do within our architecture", would let us know the issue wasn't ignored completely.

This missing feature is a deal breaker for me, and I've had to move on to other engines and platforms because of this issue.

:(

+1

+1

Actually, discovering Corona doesn't provide a variety of Blend Modes (like Cocos2D has) was surprising and disappointing... I know the dev team for sure have a big list of feature request, but blend modes is one of the important "details" designers looking for serious graphics count on.

So, +1 (I hope it gets out before I finish the game I just started)

Another Killer feature is ability to change OpenAL sound PITCH. NO, it is not just for doppler effect. Pitch control is necessary to:

- make motors sound proportional to the Speed...
- Convincing turn on/off of several rotating stuff (propellers, blenders)...
- Realistic turning on/off of forcefields
- CHanging Time speed perception, like OSMOS do with it's music.

I, myself, am creating a game of a vehicle that can rotate agressivelly... I was counting on Soundpitch control to give a motor perception change every tight spin it will do...

I was also counting on blend modes for realistic fire effect on the jets...

Additive blending has just been added to the latest daily build!

views:2091 update:2011/9/18 10:09:28
corona forums © 2003-2011