Black Ops Guide App Coming Soon!

I've been developing an app for one of my classes at school. I'm doing a Black Ops Multiplayer guide and a Black Ops Zombie guide! It's about 12% of the way done... 600+ lines of code already. I'll have snapshots uploaded at near end development when I'm putting the finishing touches on. I hope some of you gamers will buy it for $ 0.99 in the app store when it's released! Also, all of you Black Ops Multiplayers... what information would you want to know about perks, kill streaks, and weapons if you where about to buy them?

How do you charge for an app that has information from a game that you don't own? Did you ask permission or what?

well, anyone can write a book on how to use Flash or Photoshop can't they without Adobe's approval, and charge $50 for it? so why can't someone write a guide app?

worse case scenario is Activation will sue you for millions but your app will be so popular you can cover that easy ;)

There are actually guides about almost every major console and PC game on the app store. You also see countless "unofficial" guides being sold in stores complete with screenshots etc so I don't think there's any copyright infringement there. In terms of content, I think you're gonna have to put something in the app that you can't just read in the manual or by a simple google search if you want people to pay for it. If you search the app store for "black ops" you will get a ton of results and many of them free. Maybe include something like emblem ideas. That's something that's not found on every website or youtube video out there.

views:1349 update:2011/9/23 13:36:35
corona forums © 2003-2011