Angry Dogs - Draw! : Hits The App Store! Physics Based Puzzle Game

Ok so this wasn't made with corona, but it was my second and last game using gamesalad, before i decided to move to corona so I feel it relevant to post it :)

Infused Dreams is proud to present our latest game : Angry Dogs - Draw!

Angry Dogs - Draw! is a physics based puzzle game with a twist!

Your goal is to guide Mittens (the cat) to safety by drawing him lines of yarn (using your finger) to steer him to a trampoline which catapults him to safety.

This is harder than it sounds though, those pesky dogs have been at it again. They have devised a series of tricky levels for your to get though, and trust me they are challenging.

To guide Mittens though the levels you will need to draw him lines of yarn to help guide him to switches and platforms, whilst avoiding those pesky dogs!. Guide Mittens to the trampoline to catapult him to safety and teach those mangey dogs a lesson!

Features :

Realistic Physics.
Cute Cartoon Graphics.
20 Varied Levels To Play Though.
Rotating & Moving Platforms.
Switches.
Awesome Particle Effects.
Practice mode.

But hey, don't just take our word for it, this has to be played to be truly appreciated! Screenshots just can't portray the gameplay!

Screenshots :

Hmmm....... well, this is a game that you could easily do in Corona. First, you have screens and buttons, that's totally easy. Secondly you're clearly using physics, and in Corona that's very simple, I would start with the Drag Platforms sample to learn how to do it. I'd render the particles with our sprite engine, and in order to enable greater sales I'd enable OpenFeint for high scores and achievements.

If you are interested in porting this game to Corona to take advantage of OpenFeint etc, let's talk!

Yo DAWG !!!!!!!

Awesome.... but am angry ! no promo codes ;-) ... Just Kidding.

Cheers

Carlos

Hey Carlos :)

I can give you a promo code if you like :P

And yeah I do plan on porting this to corona to add openfeint and facebook leader boards. Only if it is moderately successful however ;)

In our experience, adding OpenFeint can help make your game successful. Social features drive adoption. Jon Beebe found this out with his game Doodle Dash... after porting to Corona, it became a bonafide hit.

Hi guys, first time poster here. I searched around and found this was the only forum topic related to trampolines so I thought I'd ask my question here. :) Can someone suggest how I would create a trampoline effect? In other words, a character jumps on a trampoline type device that sends the character flying. I may be wrong but I don't think I saw any samples with this type of functionality although I'm sure it can be done.

Any help is greatly appreciated from a total newby to Corona!

Marc

See this: http://www.anscamobile.com/resources/samples/

Down around the middle of the page look for Egg Breaker. You drop a rock on a big trampoline that bounces the rock into the egg castle.

Jay

Hi Jay,
Thank you very much, I've been so busy looking at the forums and api that I didn't think to look at that sample app.

It looks like it is eaxctly what I need.

Thanks again,
Marc

Hey infuseddreams Peach told me you offer lessons. But she didn't tell me how to contact you :/
So let me know when you are available.

views:1740 update:2011/9/22 9:57:39
corona forums © 2003-2011