Build Settings orientation forces Simulator Zoom

When I define a default orientation in build.settings and run the Simulator, it appears zoomed in (huge) and I have to constantly zoom out every time it updates.

Not sure if any other settings affect this, but removing the default orientation from build.settings alone resolves the issue. This is really frustrating!

For reference:

settings = 
{
        orientation = 
        {
                default = "landscape",
                supported = 
                {
                        "landscape","landscapeRight","landscapeLeft"
                }
        }
}

I have not personally had this issue; can you tell me what system your running and what version of Corona, please?

Peach :)

Hi Peach!

Thanks for following up. I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.7 and currently using daily build #528... though this has been happening for awhile (several builds ago). I've tried completely deleting Corona and installing a fresh daily build, but no luck. It still happens with that orientation setting :/

-Tony

I'm having the exact same problem and haven't been able to find much through searching.

Adding the orientation settings to default landscape causes the simulator to appear huge, and must be zoomed out each time the code is refreshed.

I notice that it doesn't happen with default = "portrait" in build.settings, only default = "landscapeLeft" or "landscapeRight" . Removing the default orientation entirely also causes the problem not to happen, as it did with Tony's post above.

It also doesn't happen with the simulator set to "iPhone", but it happens with all other devices, "iphone 4", "iPad", etc.

Was a solution ever found to this?

I'm on 10.6.8 and build #704.

Thanks!

Hey Trevor,

I'll look into this for you and see if we have any news - I believe it doesn't happen in portrait because the large device in portrait mode would be too big for your screen. (I'm not certain on this, I can't test as I'm using a very large display.)

Will get back to you.

Peach :)

Hi Peach,
Thanks for the reply!

That's an interesting thought about the problem not occurring in portrait because then it would be too big for the screen, but I'm not sure that's the issue. As you can see in the pictures below, as soon as I select iphone 4 or iPad, it zooms way in and goes well off the screen in landscape. There's a similar effect with any of the droid devices.

Pictures of the resizing issue

Anyway, hopefully that info narrows down the problem a bit. Thanks again!

Hey Trevor,

You're right, that doesn't appear to be the issue - how strange! I'm really not certain as to why it would happen in landscape and not portrait.

I'm hoping I'll get to find out more about this on Monday :)

Peach

The size of the device skins displayed in the Corona Simulator is affected by three things: the skin selected, orientation of the app, and your monitor.

Skins are displayed full size, if possible. iPhone skin (320x480) will appear the smallest. iPhone4 will appear twice the size (640x960) and IPad will appear the largest at 768x1024.

If your monitor's resolution is large enough to support the skin resolution, it will display it full size. If not, it will zoom out to a size that fits the display resolution. Since most monitors are wider than they are tall, a skin may not show up full size in portrait mode but does in landscape.

On my 13" Macbook at 1280x800, the iPhone skin displays full size in both portrait and landscape. iPhone4 does not display full size in portrait mode but does fit in landscape mode. Same thing with the iPad skin.

If a skin displays too large or too small, you can use CMD and + or - keys (Mac) to zoom in/out.

Hi Tom:

I actually use different device skins based on what monitor I'm using just so I don't have to zoom in our out every time I refresh. I wish the simulator would remember your zoom setting. Having to zoom in/out every time I refresh is really annoying.

paul

views:1863 update:2012/2/10 9:26:24
corona forums © 2003-2011