a password problem comes up when trying to build...

i am a new corona user, yesterday i purchased the pro license, registered to the site, entered my user and pass into the corona sdk which is installed on my mac osx 10.7.2 - and when i tried to build for ios it tells me -
"Could not login because the password was incorrect. Please try again. You will be prompted for a password."
i double checked and the password is correct.
also, it's impossible to deauthorize the computer (says it cant contact the server).
from a forum lookup it seems it's due to a server error, not the best first impression considering the fact i payed and didn't got the chance to build a single app yet haha ;]
anyway im kidding and have no complaints, nobody's perfect and all of the servers give headaches from time to time, it's just that it doesn't seem reasonable to me -
if it was a server error they would have fixed it by now, it's not working for the past 10 hours.
please help me fix this asap, i need to start working on things around sunday so i have to get this working today and get it of my to-do list.

Hey there,

I don't believe we have been having server issues - I'm not in the office however usually if the server has problems there's immediately 20+ posts telling us about it.

That said this is obviously still a big problem and I'm very sorry to hear there have been issues; especially when you have just upgraded to Pro and undoubtedly have a lot you want to be doing.

Can you please use this form to contact support?;
http://developer.anscamobile.com/forms/support

I will pass the issue on so they will be expecting your email and hopefully we can get this resolved quickly for you.

Peach :)

thanks for the quick replay, i sent the support form and i hope to get an answer today since it's time sensitive...

also, i forgot to mention that prior to the upgrade to pro it did managed to build, and i didn't change any network settings on my computer since then - just logged in with the pro account in the sdk.

Wait - so you were logged in with a different account previously?

If so this may or may not fix the problem but is definitely worth a go;

Go to users/library/preferences and delete up to 3 files there that start with com.anscamobile.

Then see if you can build properly, or deauth.

Hopefully someone from support will be in touch with you soon in any case - this is just something that may help in the meantime.

i was logged in with a trial account, that was registered on the same email account i used when i upgraded to pro later on...
so basically i was logged in under my@email.com as a trial user that is able to build apps,
then i purchased the subscription in your website - also, under my@email.com,
and when the purchase was completed and i finished the registration process in the website i just tried to log out of the sdk and then to log in with my upgraded account.
as i said, it did managed to log in, under the same my@email.com address i previously used as a trial and now have upgraded successfully, but i have lost the ability to build, and am getting the error I've mentioned.
i tried to find files that start with com.anscamobile in the folder you've mentioned but there were non.
i still haven't heard a word from you're tech support guys, please push this matter for me asap, i really need to get a presentation app demo up and running by the next couple of days, and tomorrow is you're day off...
i am sure that the handling of this issue doesn't represent your customer support quality, as the impression i got from the Corona SDK product and your company is WAY better...
every company have little glitches, that i truly understand as a techy dude, but PLEASE, help me fix this as soon as possible as it could effect my deadline.
thanks a lot, Ben!

Hey Ben,

Thanks for those additional details. It's Saturday morning in Palo Alto, meaning it isn't a work day - however I'll still attempt to chase this up for you.

Depending on the email address you used to mail I'm wondering if you ended up in spam - it can happen.

Peach

this isn't the actual email i used, it was just an example...
the actual email address i used in both times i registered, both as a trial and a pro user is the email I'm an now registered under as a pro user.
tell me if it's necessary and I'll email it to you...
i didn't want to write it here out in public so i wouldn't start getting spammed.

No, you don't need to post it - hopefully the next post you make is to let me know you've heard back and it's sorted :)

i hope so too, in the meanwhile i shifted my working phase to working on the re-branding of my studio (logo,web etc...) so i got my hand's full until someone would contact me... :)

That is time well spent - what's the studio called? :)

you dont ask a painter to reveal his painting when it's still a WORK IN PROGRESS. ;)
when the new stuff would be ready i promise to PM you so you could be the first that get's a peek...
(telling you the name could spoil some of the surprise... :) )

Haha, fair enough - no PMs yet (we're aware the forum needs some improvements) but you can always email me; peachpellen[at-]gmail :)

fyi, i didn't heard a word from tech support and the problem still exists. please take care of this for me asap as it is not working since last week, and it has been two days since your tech guys got back to work from the weekend and no one has contacted me.
waiting for your replay, ben.

Hey Ben,

Actually it hasn't been two days since tech support got back - the work week ended shortly after my first post here (Friday night) and it's currently Monday night, 11:20pm at Ansca HQ - however today is Martin Luther King day so everyone will be at work tomorrow morning.

I will follow this up for you as soon as the office is populated again.

thanks alot!

I'm going to deauthorize your computer on the server but you should delete the files Peach mentioned in the /Library directory. Since you are running Lion, this folder is hidden by default. If you go into your finder and press the Option key and select the Go menu, you should see the Library folder as an option. Once you remove the files, everything should work correctly.

Update: I'm assuming you are trying to log in to Corona with the same account name that you're using here.

a - you assumed right, same username and email...
b - thanks a lot - will try soon and post an update...

Thanks to you two - peach for making my waiting time enjoyable ;]
and tom for the swift support - thanks dude it work's perfectly now!
i hope all of my working relations with you corona guys would be so pleasant :)

No worries - glad I could help make the wait time more enjoyable for you and of course that Tom was able to actually solve your problem :)

I hope all your working relations with the Ansca team are this pleasant too - I'm sure they will be - Ansca is all about the developers.

views:2462 update:2012/2/8 8:46:10
corona forums © 2003-2011