Build app to only support iPad & iPhone 4S?

I know that you can build to either support both iPhone & Ipad, or just one or the other. Is it possible for your app to only be built for iPad and iPhone 4S? I have a HD version of my app that i know would run well on the iPhone 4S, but i wouldnt want people with the slower devices to try and install it. Is this possible? thanks

Well are you going to limit the iPad version 1? It and the iPhone 4 are about the same CPU/Memory performance?

That is true, i forget about the first version of ipad haha, so really i would like it to only run on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S...

I don't know how to tell iTunes connect to limit the app to newer devices and prevent people from installing it. There are some things you can put in the plist in your build.settings that require certain hardware features and some of those will keep the app from installing on certain devices, like needs camera, needs gyroscope, etc. But for the life of me I can't come up with the google search need to find those keys.

But the iPad2 and iPhone 4s really didn't add any new features that can be keyed in on.

You can detected the architecture in Corona using the system.getInfo("architectureInfo") and look for certain strings that would let you know its the iPhone 4s or iPad2. Then you could at least alert you viewers their performance may be degraded on older devices.

But that's a moving target because the strings are not easily "If x > y"able.

Good point and goo info rob, thanks ill have to see if i can find an option that will work using system.getInfo

If you go the way you are deciding, determining via code then that way you will get a lot of unhappy campers that might buy your app to find that it does not work. You will have to set it up such that an earlier device cannot purchase/download your app.

Right, so maybe this is a feature request for ansca.. Because when building you can choose "iPad & iPhone" or "iPad" only and so forth, I wonder if apple just doesn't give an option for building only for specific devices.

As much as I have experience. it's not good for make specific app for specific device like only for iphone 4 or ipad2. But one thing you can do in your app description you can clearly say to your potential app user this app is only for one device(iphone/iphone3/iphone3s/iphone4/iphone4s/ipad/ipad1/ipad2/ipod etc...)

ipad application development

Good call, seems like a simple and good solution, thanks for your input

views:1628 update:2012/2/7 8:40:54
corona forums © 2003-2011