GameSalad Users - Templates

The users of Game Salad are used to templates and pay quite a good amount for those. What I want to ask you all is why would you want to pay for a game that is a hit, to remake that in another framework and not just that, pay for that template and then make a copy of a hit game.

I was surprised to see a template, even for Bubble Ball...

If there were such templates for CoronaSDK apart from the several Free ones that some have already published on to the app store, would you pay for those and what is it that you would pay, Range??

Maybe there will be a new section soon, Templates... maybe not

?:)

I don't see the point in templates.. you would just be lost in all the code (like when I open the fruit ninja sample)

Might as well do it yourself (and ask questions), for the accomplishment.

Peach sells templates but I do not think it is worth it
http://techority.com/store/Templates.html

I think it depends on how they're done. If they're very well commented, they can be a good learning tool (my first template made there was just for that, but I soon noticed that most people weren't caring at all about comments).
On gamesalad this has a little degenerated, and most people just want a shortcut to the development of their games, sometimes modifying just the art of it (while there are others who really take it apart and learn everything they can).
I honestly don't need any template at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that when I was new to lua, it would've helped to have a good example of how a game is made.

I believe that more templates that already come with CoronaSDK is more than OK for learning from.

Someone that think that is not sufficient and wanna buy other templates generally these people want an "easy" way to get into the app store and even thinking about making money easy too but not Learning IMO. :\

I agree with anddrewscott here,thank you for the link dude,worth it for sure.

i dont really like templates at all, its hard to read them and learn from them
and i love to make games myself, so there's no point in them for myself, but maybe someone find them good learning material

I think templates can help someone who knows a bit of corona/luaf and wants to save time and get a headstart on the project from a coding perspective.

I may be willing to buy gaming type templates in the range of USD 25-50.

regards

IMHO short tutorials that focus on one or two things are a much better learning expriance then a game template which can be spread out over several files. I think a better name for these would be white label game files, as most times as said above they change gpx and sounds and throw it on the app store as a new game

views:1925 update:2012/1/11 9:01:14
corona forums © 2003-2011