You know what would really be cool? Corona on the iPad!

It'd really be cool if Corona, the simulator and debugger ran on the iPad. Then I could work on my project anywhere. My MacBook is too heavy to carry around all the time.

won't happen, the ios sdk terms and conditions prohibit apps that have scripting abilities.

Doesn't tokyodan, the original poster of this thread have a LUA on the iPad app? if Apple can allow LUA on the iPAD, then Corona on the iPad doesn't seem like a long shot.

There are other apps that allow the user to create UI interfaces and generate xCode code for the app.

I think they just changed the tos a few weeks ago to allow this

A) MacBook Air

Or

B) Corona for iPad

I would much prefer B!!

// red.

I'm loving corona got one game half done (taking break) and an app that I'm working on now just mainly entering data now but it's a lot of it anyway
My vote is for iPad not just because I have one well maybe it is but I'm looking bat the new MacBook air as my next purchase

if Corona works on a Mac, then it automatically woks on the MacBook Air, so there is no option there. However if I could develop on the iPad that would be cool.

I am sorry, but i could not walk around lugging my iMac 27", so while I am out, developing on the iPad would be quite nifty... I do not carry my MacBook Pro 15" any more either, the iPad does what I need when I am out. Remote login is slow but cool.

Just because the app store doesn't accept it, doesn't mean we cant have it. Basically you could release the app's xcode project here and download it. Once downloaded all we have to do is create a provisioning profile and then load it onto our device, and done!

Yes, renewing the provisioning profile is annoying, but its a small task with a large gain! This is how it was done at GameSalad and it worked really well.

With that being said, I am in love with the new Macbook Air's, and ide say thats a better option than iPad development!

alright im fixing to list my gs sub for sale i got about 6-7 months left what should i ask for?

Btw, I wasn't asking for Corona for MacBook Air, just simply stating that the option would either be to GET a MacBook Air, or make Corona for iPad :)

// red.

Interesting idea. Not sure how you'd get builds onto the device. Or maybe that doesn't matter if you're just doodling. Hm, then how do you save the file, or get graphics on there? Hm, maybe we'd just have some placeholder graphics, and you could save the file by uploading it to the net. Hm...

Cloud computing... well not exactly, but all assets can be loaded from the cloud.

Initially, this can also be used for prototyping, where instead of a graphic, one can use rects as placeholders. The device is the same, so as long as it can run a Phone version on the iPad and have a button to exit, it will be wonderful for demos and stuff.

cheers,

Jayant C Varma

Here's a device version that is just started as an experiment, if people like it and ready to pay for it, there is point in developing it further.

It is a visual designer on the device to design the levels and edit code attached to the objects. So create the entire stuff on your device, send it to the desktop for compiling and voila!!

It is still an experiment and needs quite bit of work to be fully functional.

Here is a demo video to see what it can do and how it could be used.

Video Here

feedback appreciated.

cheers,

If anyone is going to make an ipad IDE app for Corona SDK, please consider to cooperate with my UI library. Let's discuss if you have time. Thanks.

-- Advanced UI + Graph for Corona® | Website | Forum (https) | See:

Doing Corona SDK development on your iPad...
-------------------------------------

Write code on your iPad and save it to Dropbox.

Your home computer has a script that watches for changes on certain Dropbox folders and when it sees one it grabs the file and feeds it to Corona Simulator for a build.

When the build is done it kicks off a script that zips the project and submits it to TestFlight.

Back on your iPad you get a notice from TestFlight that a new build is ready. Install it and run.

Voila, Corona SDK development on your iPad!

--------------

Is there a Rube Goldberg award I should apply for?

Jay

PS - Device builds are done on the Corona server anyway, and Apple gives you a way to install on the fly (which is what TestFlight uses) so (from a technical standpoint) doing Corona dev on an iPad *should* be easy, I'd think. If Ansca didn't have to spend time doing Android stuff I'll bet we'd already have it! (Dodging and weaving all the objects being thrown by Androidens.)

@J.A. Whye - I actually just had to do a 30 second Rube Goldberg machine that popped a balloon for science. :-) Random relation there.

Anyways, something like that would be way cool! Not to mention I'd have an excuse to get an iPad.

views:1849 update:2011/9/20 17:36:54
corona forums © 2003-2011