resume game after app exit on android

I have a small question. I am using the following code to resume game if the user hits the home button or receives a call. The code is working fine on IOS devices but I do not own an android device-do I need to do anything different for android?

iphone =
    {
        plist =
        {

UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false,

}
    }

Short answer: If you have background music, you may want to manually stop and start it with Android on suspend/resume. I don't know if it applies to the latest builds of Corona but I built that into my app because a while back there was some quirkiness on the Android device I use to test - the music would automatically resume, but it would sound awful.

Longer answer: I *highly* recommend getting your hands on an Android device ... I didn't have one either so I picked up a used Motorola Droid for a few hundred bucks at a cell phone store near where I live. I got an older phone so it's sort of a lowest common denominator. I don't have a data plan or anything like that for it, I just use Wifi in my house.

The reason I recommend getting one is - Once I did that I realized I needed to put in some performance improvements to cater to some of the lower end devices, and I also discovered the audio quirk.

Thanks jflowers. I will def. look into purchasing an android device for testing.

views:1664 update:2012/1/10 9:16:25
corona forums © 2003-2011