localStorage does not work on Android buid

I'm working on an app that make extensive use of webpopup. To store user information I tried to use the HTML5 DB API that works on native browser as on iPhone/iPad as it is a Webkit feature and the more standard fature localStorage and sessionStorage that are widely supported on HTML5 browsers.
Now the problem is that it does not work on Android build.
Reading around I found it is a specific function that need to be enabled with a native command:
settings.setDomStorageEnabled(true);
I suppose it is a function that Ansca developers need to add to Corona code. Is there someone else that is working with localStorage or web SQL API?

Hello monforte,

I've checked the code, and we're definitely not explicitly enabling DOM Storage for the web popup. I'd be happy to do so. Would you mind sending me a small Corona project so that I can prove that it works on my end before I release the change? You can do send attachments via the "Report a Bug" link at the top of this page. Thanks!

Great, case entered with code #10795.
Hope you can make a build soon as I'm really near to the first release of my app and actually only iPhone/iPad version is working for this issue.

I'll try to look into this today... once I've finished adding e-mail with file attachment support to Android. :)

Hi Joshua have you good news for me? If you like I can beta test if it works if you release it in a daily buid.

Good news! I just got it working an hour ago. This change should make it into tomorrow's daily build.

Thankyou!!!! Have a nice Christmas my Santa.

views:1561 update:2011/12/30 9:10:41
corona forums © 2003-2011