apple rejected my app because of mentioning "other platforms"

Hi there,

I want to share this with fellow corona developers out there. My latest app got rejected yesterday because of mentioning so called "other platforms" in application description. I didn't know its against TOS, so my bad.. I should have read guidelines more carefully.

The funny thing is; my application is an online board game. Its platform independent and you can play with friends having android or apple devices. So, how can I describe this without mentioning "android" keyword??

Anyway, just be careful when writing about "android" and "android market" in your app store descriptions.

Best regards.

indeed, apps that mention android will be rejected.
the best approach would be to mention that your game "runs on other platforms, too" and to provide a link to your website.

funny, I have changed "android" to "other smart phone platforms" but got rejected again. anyway, I now removed all references to "other" platforms. After getting approved I 'm going to try to change it again. this is very confusing. doh..

maybe other words ...

"cross platform multiplayer"
"cross mobile device multiplayer"
"play with people using different smart-phones"

uh. that's a real bummer. sorry for my suggestion (#1)

but well... after all I understand Apple's behaviour.
Imagine a sign in a Wal Mart that says:
"Hey, you can also buy this product in the MegaMall next door!"

Also, an iDevice owner usually isn't interested in other devices - or rather Apple doesn't want them to be interested.

This in mind, I wouldn't mention other platforms at all. Make sure people visit your website where you can celebrate the cross-platform feature of your game.

sorry again... I guess we all live an learn -- and I hope we'll see your game in the appstore soon :)

-finefin

hey finefin, dont worry.. yeah we all live and learn. :)

views:1314 update:2011/12/1 20:56:45
corona forums © 2003-2011