What's new? Ansca Mobile knows what's best for you!

Ahh, I am having fun with this company called Ansca Mobile.

This removal of simulator skins (not only test drivers, in Pro too) is typical for ANSCA MOBILE. I guess its this "Ansca knows what's best for you" attitude again!

Ansca, do you realize that removing the android skin with a 320x480 resolution (mytouch) leaves Android with NO simulator with this resolution and skin? These skins are sometimes valueable when you do a presentation on images and videos.

And please save yourself from telling me that I could use the IPhone skin. Someone without an Apple Developer Account is not allowed to publish these device images on their website. You even have to sign a contract to be allowed to do this.

So great job guys, again!!! I guess Carloz asked everyone in the community we decided this ourself!

The grass is definately not greener on your side.

i was quit surprised when i realized i cand use some of the skins
and that surprise was not a good one

WOW since i've been playing with the table layouts I did not notice this. If this is true than I also think this is a mistake.

Whats up Ansca ( Carlos )

Larry

folks just want more money, we cant blame them

Mikez, I feel the love. The removal of the myTouch screen was because the device is a 2.1 device and is not supported as Corona only support Android 2.2 with ARMv7 chipsets.

Carlos.

I don't understand whats money got to do with it? If it's not in the pro version either than unless there is a 3rd level money has nothing to do with it.

Solution #1 - Use the iPhone skin and then just clip screenshots of the game/app, NOT screenshots of the device. Problem solved and no snarky and sarcastic posts needed to fix.

Solution #2 - Tell Ansca you think they made a mistake and ask if they'll change their minds. Being a dick about out it doesn't say anything about Ansca, but says a lot about you.

I'm the first one to say that in the case of perceived unfairness, to make some noise. But that doesn't have to be mean and sarcastic noise. You *can* be civil and still complain about something and then people won't think you're a jerk when you do.

You appear to have so much negativity about Ansca Mobile and Corona SDK that I wonder why you hang around here. From things you've said Monkey's better, Gideros is better, X, Y, and Z are better, so why are you still here? Seriously, didn't you already move on to something else?

Being critical isn't necessarily a bad thing -- unless that's all you are.

Jay

PS - For anyone new reading this, the existence of the word Corona in my avatar doesn't mean I work for Ansca. I don't work for them, speak for them, etc. This is my own personal rant.

Hahaha! I laughed out loud at this forum post. Ansca makes some mistakes once in a while, no need to trample all over them. In reality, most everyone here wouldn't have the knowledge or time to code an application in Java or Objective C, so lay off them and let Ansca do their job. They are testing out new features and besides, if you look at the Daily Builds list, it says they don't guarantee all of their builds to work correctly.

As for the myTouch screen, I say lets bring it back. Who cares if it's Arm6??? The more simulators the better.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Uh Oh - Cat fight -

I think Everyone Loves Ansca :)

Quoting a commercial "Every kiss begins with K"

LOL

Merry Christmas Everyone :)

Larry

www.DoubleSlashDesign.com

Yada yada, Jay you are so full of it. Did you read what I posted? If an developer is an android indie user, does he have access to the iphone skin? Would he be allowed to make a screenshot of this on his desktop and post it somewhere without being an apple developer and signed some papers? The answer is mostlikely no!

To ninjapig123, Carlos and Jay:

So there you guys say there is no Android phoen with Android 2.2, Armv7 and a 320x480 resolution? ROFL

I'll give you a hint for at least one....

Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910/R915

So fanboys, it is fine that you have a brown neck and try to attack/make fun of people who critizes your beloved CEO and his company, but please get your facts straight, ok?

This all wouldn't have been a problem if ANSCA would act on customer requests (and not only their favorite ones who kiss ass) and implemented customizeable resolutions like it was asked for at least a year ago.

And Jay, my personal issues with ANSCA/CarlozI are non of your business. As long as my subscription is valid, and my clients demand it, I am working with it. And as a customer who payed for it, I have the right to critize feature creep or spreading false information.
Luckily, I am able to work with many tools because I can and because I am not in such a tied relationship with Ansca like you seem to be!

MikeHart? UMADBRO Trolololol much?

Btw you over reacting!!! The Daily Builds are as is and Ansca is just testing out new features like I said in a previous post. Stop trolling and download a full release build if you have a problem, or better yet, submit a bug report instead of being a dick.

Lets calm down here, no need to question anyone. I'm sure a suitable replacement skin will be available shortly.

@MikeHart Wow. I'll admit I've been fairly tough on Ansca lately for ignoring iAd and Game Center (though they did agree to do GC just recently), but you make me sound like the nice one.

+1 J. A. Whye
+1 ninjapig123

@Waulok You can't plus one people, only features. THIS AIN'T NO GOOGLE+ lol.

I want to develop application for enterprise level,for instance,a software for hotel in which a customer will navigated through tab(application software) for accessing the facilities available which i'm developing with the help of android which i find flexible for development but this same scenario i want to repeat for iphone i find corona SDK for cross platform development which uses Lua Scripting but its syntax is basically for game(as i saw)and i thing it will lead me to complexity in future while development so which one will be suitable language (which i can use)?

If you can build game with Corona SDK (including net services) you can buil almost everything! :)

I personally do not find any app you can't build with Corona SDK.* So go for Corona it's really gives you rapid mobile development!

*(without deep hardware access like wifi network signal strength scanner, full GPU power with shaders, BT stack or out off sandbox range app) :)

views:1518 update:2011/12/27 8:54:37
corona forums © 2003-2011