Retina Text Different Y-coordinates

I'm using display.newRetinaText to display some text on screen. This text works fine on retina displays, but when shown on a non-retina display screen it is not positioned in the same place, it's off on the Y-axis by about 15 pixels.

The obvious quick fix is to check if it's a retina-capable device and then adjust the Y-coordinate. How can I do this?

I have found system.getInfo('architectureInfo'), but the documentation isn't clear enough to tell what iPhone4, 4S and latest iPod Touches are. I'm sure someone must have this somewhere, I just can't find it.

Any ideas?

I've managed to fix this. It seems newRetinaText has a different reference point depending on whether it's a retina screen or not.

Easy fix, manually set the reference point every time you change the text.

Not sure if this should be raised as a bug or not?

This has already been reported as a bug. The retina text is positioned correctly until you try to modify the x or y position after it's created. The solution for now is to the add a object:setReferencePoint( display.CenterReferencePoint ) after the retina text object is created.

I have this bug too and I reported this.

This workaround above is not working for me...

you can use beebegames class. its works fine. no bugs with ReferencePoint.

http://jonbeebe.tumblr.com/post/2351470837/beebegames-class-newretinatext-tutorial

@office83, you need to provide a simple example showing that it's not working. The display.centerReferencePoint is working for the bug report that I received. I looked in the source code and found it setting the reference point to TopLeft when it should be Center.

the fix is working.

Ah cool. Now I know what is wrong with my app on Android.

Although the newRetinaText looks blurry on my iPad 2...

views:1571 update:2011/11/26 9:01:35
corona forums © 2003-2011