Cross-Promotion opportunity

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in starting a free "Cross-Promotion" group within the Corona SDK community. The way it works is simple. Whoever wants to join will simply need to include an "Other Great Games (Developed with Corona SDK)" button in their main menu. I'll develop and deliver the button and "promo.lua" file (once people let me know they are interested) to be included in your next app update.

If you are interested, I'll need two "banner"-style ads (one for the landscape layout, and one for the portrait layout), but I haven't figured out the dimensions yet. Please let me know if you're interested. I'm looking for 10-20 apps for the initial promotion. They can be free or paid (please indicate price in your banner ad).

I'd like to implement this into my next update (my initial release is currently "waiting for Review" ) of Chuckin' It! - Redneck Recyclin', so I'll be working quickly to get t put together. Android version will be coming soon!

Jeff
Eieio Software

promoting their apps? trying to get as many downloads as possible? why would anyone want to do that? ;-)

cool idea!

I have an app "waiting for review" as well.

I will definitely be interested once I'm up and running.

I like the idea but who controls which games are in the list? My game might stink on wheels and you may not want to associate with it. Or it may include objectionable content to some, etc.

I would think the Corona folks might be interested in what their name is branded to, as well.

I just submitted an update for my game to the App Store. I'd love to participate!

Good points. For starters, since the apps are all on the App Store, we can at least be somewhat assured that they work as advertised, otherwise they would have been rejected.

Second, each individual developer is ultimately in control of what apps they advertise within their own app. If something looks offensive, pull that app out of the code (understanding said developer might pull your app from their cross-promo page).

Even with these safety-nets in place, I was planning on quietly (not so much now...) "rejecting" apps that just looked like total garbage, if any might inquire.

As for Ansca, I'd think they would enjoy the added exposure and a sort of "look what you can do with Corona SDK", since most apps made with Corona that actually get to the app store are at least half-way decent. If they want me to pull their name from the promo, that would be OK, too.

Anyone interested, please email me @ eieiosoftware [at] gmail [dot] com.

Rob and Noahm,

please email me @ eieiosoftware [at] gmail [dot] com for all the spicy details!

Jeff

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds awesome. I'll definitely be in touch when I get closer to launch.

Any way we can "pin" this thread?

I have sticky'd this for the time being; I think it's a great idea and a good way to have the community helping each other out while getting something in return :)

Kudos eieio, I hope this comes to fruition - and if so it's something I'd love to be involved with when I finally get time to update one of my own apps ;)

Peach

I'm in!!
I'm on my first day of waiting for review so as soon as I get an answer I'll send you the required information.
Also, it would be interesting if we can find a way to not harm people's feelings, mine included. What I mean is this, if you don't make it to the list there's gotta be a reason, right? Yet someone could get offended for not being selected. I would say that someone, maybe you, should pair apps so they are similar in targeted audience or public? sounds silly?
cheers
adrian.

adrian,

Thanks for the comments and thoughts. I am hoping to accept just about everyone who wants to be a part of the group, from simple games, to big-budget. However, I am thinking about setting a two "rules" for joining...

First, the app must be appropriate for all (or almost all) ages. Wouldn't want a children's game linking to Death Masters Bloodbath (made it up, feel free to run with it!).

Second, if an app maintains a "review average" less than 2.5 stars (min. 8 reviews), we will remove it from the list. By setting this up ahead of time, hopefully no one will take it personally, and they should fix their app.

I am OK being the "gate-keeper" but I really don't want to make this some sort of exclusive group.

Ultimately, the people who choose to purchase the linked apps should read the descriptions, look at screen shots and make an informed decision as to what apps they download.

Jeff
Eieio Software

Code for scrolling list of linking buttons is finished. Ready for games!

To participate, I'll need "banner" ads in .png format that are 400 x 150, and of course the link to your app.

Looking forward to some cross-promo goodness!

I'll work on my add tomorrow. Is there a reason you're not going with an IAB standard size? (I don't think that's a standard size)

http://www.iab.net/iab_products_and_industry_services/1421/1443/1452

Thats just the size I decided on and built my template around. It's gonna be scaled down to fit the initial settings of the template, but people can edit it as they need to. Any size close to that will work :) Also, Im going to round the corners so they look like buttons. Ill post the rounding radius when im back in front of my computer, in case you want to round them yourselves

Jeff

I think it's a great idea!
I'll send you an email for clarification!
bye

Marco Bologna/GuGuGames
http://www.chickensquest.com

views:2310 update:2011/10/4 8:06:35
corona forums © 2003-2011