Trying to take a square out of an image and display only that square

I have an image that is 1800 wide by 800 high, I am trying to display just a portion of that image into the left, top corner of the screen. My square is, for the sake of an example, top: 291 left:300 width: 100 height:175. I tried using the xReference, yReference, xOrigin, yOrigin, width and height to accomplish this but to no avail. How do I do this, surely their must be a way?

Thank you

You could apply a mask to the object and have it only display a certain part of the image

http://developer.anscamobile.com/reference/index/graphicsnewmask

Thanks for the idea but with masks, I need to define an image that will be of a certain size. In my case it is a catalog page that has several items and when I click on one item, I want to show that item in a popup which means that I do not know all of the items sizes. My app now defines what object I have clicked on, returns the size and positioning but when I try to simply take these coordinates and print the image, it does not appear.

Still open for suggestions :)

@g.houde,

I have a custom solution for you which *costs* if you are interested, you can get in touch me dev [@] oz-apps [dot] com.

views:1348 update:2011/11/19 17:31:56
corona forums © 2003-2011