Game Edition Alpha 3 Is Now Available

We are pleased to announce that Corona Game Edition Alpha 3 is now available. If you are a current GE subscriber you should receive access information soon. If you are not a current GE subscriber, sign up here: http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/corona-game-edition-alpha

Some of the highlights of the new addition are:
* Fixed Alpha 2 performance issues on devices
* Integrates SDK Beta 6 and 7 features
* Improved collision event model: new "preCollision" and "postCollision" events replace "preSolve" and "postSolve", for better event filtering (see revised "CollisionDetection" sample code)
* Added collision event propagation rules (return true to stop propagation beyond current listener)
* removeSelf() on physics objects now supported
* New removeSelf() destructor for physics joints (see revised "Bridge" sample code)

-Tom

Dang, and I just released my game built on Alpha 2 (Doodle Dash! 1.1) just yesterday! Lol... Oh well, I plan on working on v1.2 very soon and THAT will be built using Alpha 3 (or maybe even Beta?)...

Thanks for the great improvements, looking forward to the performance fixes and better texture management.

Hopefully next version will include more OpenFeint features and fix the multiple users issue.

Thanks again for all your hard work Ansca!

So we can release games built with the alpha builds? I didn't realise!

We don't recommend releasing with the Alpha builds. But we don't stop you. Basically you assume the risk. Please test thoroughly, and realize we may change the APIs. The most unstable parts are going to be the changed or new APIs. We do test them, but not as completely as you might like. It's an early access program and in return, all we request is your honest feedback.

views:1588 update:2011/9/19 21:37:39
corona forums © 2003-2011