Build for distribution with CFBundleIdentifier in build.settings

I get the error below when building my first Corona game for distribution, I have put my bundle identifier in build.settings. It seems that instead of using the bundle identifier, Corona used my app name as part of the app-identifier. I tried to change my app name to "com.thefoakhouse.happybowling" and as expected, it builds without errors.

I can also build without problem if I remove the CFBundleIdentifier line but then I can not specify the bundle identifier.

I am using the latest SDK daily build.

Error message:
warning: This bundle is invalid. The application-identifier entitlement is not formatted correctly; it should contain your 10-character App ID Seed, followed by a dot, followed by your bundle identifier: XXXXXXXXXX.HappyBowling (-19054)

Here is my build.settings:

settings = 
{

orientation = 
        {
                default = "portrait",
                supported = 
                {
                "portrait"
                }

},

iphone =
        {
                plist =
                {
                        CFBundleIdentifier = "com.thefoakhouse.happybowling",
                        UIAppFonts = {"DS-Digital-BoldItalic.ttf"},
                        CFBundleIconFile = "Icon.png",
                        CFBundleIconFiles = {
                                                                   "Icon.png" , 
                                                                   "Icon@2x.png",
                                                                   "Icon-72.png" 
                                                                        }
                }
        }
}

Anyone? Where are the support team? I have reported a bug also, but I have got no feedback so far.

I need to put this game out on the market now, can anyone help me? How do you set your own bundle identifier for ios build?

I have spent months to develop this game and now everything is ready, I just need to set the bundle identifier to match the one I have created in iTunes Connect....

I am VERY frustrated at this moment!

I'm getting the same error. I rewrote an app that was originally written using XCode and used Corona and now I can't enter the CFBundleIdentifier. I keep getting an error message and cannot upload my app. I get the same error message as the one above. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks!

I'm getting the same error.

Please, is there already a solution for this issue ?

Thank you,

Wow old thread; I'm sorry no one posted here at the time. (There are more people focusing on the forum than there were back then so hopefully it wont happen again.)

Tito, when are you getting the error? If during the build it just says "defaulting to standard codesign tool" you can ignore that - so long as your build settings are fine it should upload and go on sale without issue.

Peach :)

views:2407 update:2011/11/8 8:33:25
corona forums © 2003-2011