I want to subscribe, but I have a question, need answer, thanks

I hope you can understand my problem.

I am currently developing on Win, even though I have Macbook Pro, I still prefer to develop on Window where I have 2 widescreens setup and find it more comfortable then having to develop on my 15 inch Mac book pro.

But looking right now Currently Corona SDK Subscriptions exist for

Mac Users
.IOS Indie
.IOS Pro

Windows users
.Indie

If I choose Mac Pro or Indie subscription, does that mean I can only develop on windows using trail version or will program recognize that I am subscriber and not enter trail mode?

As a Mac Pro subscriber will I be able to download latest Windows builds? If not, why not are you willing to change that so its more flexibe to users? MY feeling is that if I buy pro you should let me develop on either Win or Mac and when I need to build for testing on device I'll switch to Mac.

Please tell me you are not requring me to have 2 subscriptions to be able to do this?

I'd like to get Mac Pro subscribtion instead of having to buy 2 indie versions.

It doesn't matter, where you develop.

You can develop an iPhone game on Windows too, but you need to transfer the files to a Mac before building for iPhone, because you need the Apple SDK for building for iPhone.

Mac Pro means: you can build REAL builds for iPhone and Android
Win indie means: you can build REAL build only for Android (because you have no apple SDK on windows)

Use dropbox for your files and develop on Windows and build on Mac from the same directory.

That's all.

If you buy Corona your account gets flagged, that you are a paying customer and the builds come back without the trial stuff...that's all I think, but there is a topic here somwhere, where somebody asked a very similar question (the search function is your friend! even before posting...) and the answer was that you can use your Corona on different PCs even with different OS after purchase.

Nermion,

I was also a bit confused. but found as a pro you can use either device win or mac.

If you get with sales, you can upgrade to pro, develope on either environment, build android on win, build ios or android on the mac.

I upgraded from indie to pro and have the best of both worlds.

Ed

Just wanted to jump in here and confirm Hunnenkoenig's answer is correct.

(Thought it might not hurt to have a staff answer confirm it.)

Thanks,

Peach :)

views:1544 update:2011/11/2 21:34:51
corona forums © 2003-2011