First Code Exchange submission -- RSS parser

Well I bit the bullet at submitted some code. Its the rss.lua file from an RSS app I'm building for my son's music blog. I'm sure I missed stuff and I'm sure there are bugs.

But I wanted to contribute something and this seems like something useful.

I'm using a combination of the TabBar controller from the Code Exchange along with several of the new widget API's (in particular tableView) to make a basic RSS reader.

I have 4 tabs on the tab bar that corresponds with categories on his Wordpress based blog: News, Podcasts, Reviews and Live Music.

Each of the 4 tabs will download the appropriate RSS feed to the system.TemporaryDirectory folder, using network.download(). On completion of the download, the call back will call my rss.feed() function which in turn uses Jonathan BeeBee's xml.lua parser to read and parse the XML into a Lua table.

The rss.feed() function returns a table of stories which I then use to create the tableView. Tapping on each row of the table will then bring up a screen that shows the headline and the body.

Not bad for something I've been working part time on for about 2 weeks!

I'm genuine;y excited by this :D I look forward to checking it out as I'm sure many others will as well.

Thanks Rob!

I'd vote this up but it looks like the voting system is gone!

I know, I keep looking for those little arrows ;)

views:1767 update:2011/9/27 18:14:54
corona forums © 2003-2011