does subscription include iOS dev registration?

may be this is trivial, but I am very new. Trying out the SDK. My question is if I become a subscriber, will I have to pay extra for the iStore developer program?

yes you need to give 99$ to apple for publishing

:)

Yep, it's a bit expensive when you are first starting out. $200 for an iOS license for Corona SDK, + $99 for the developer license. Then you get into tools like CPM (Corona Project Manager) $75, SVG level builder $50, particle candy, LIME....etc etc etc :)

Then if you don't have a mac, well then it really gets expensive :)

By the way, the same holds true for Android, you will need to pay them I think 25 or 30 dollars.

ng

thanks. that is a bit discouraging. makes me think that getting an old Mac with all the free tools is cheaper. But then I lose the ability to make cross platform apps... or maybe I will need to take a look at Flex SDK too... anyway, thank you for responding.

akonsu wrote:

makes me think that getting an old Mac with all the free tools is cheaper.
But then I lose the ability to make cross platform apps... 

You can still create cross platform apps with a Mac.
With Corona SDK you can create apps for iOS and Android.

If you're talking about the desktop you can create applications for Mac/Windows and Linux if you use the Qt SDK (http://qt.nokia.com)

@akonsu:

It doesn't include the IOS developer subscription no, you will need to sign up with apple separately.

thanks. by "cross platform" I mean mobile cross platform. If I stop using Corona, and switch to Mac I will not be able to develop for Android as well as for iOS.

akonsu of course you can :)

you will need the pro subscription (corona) in order to publish for both IOS and Android

Edit : If you stop using Corona you would need an alternate method of course.

@akonsu:
If you intend to develop for iOS (without Corona) you have to have a Mac so that you can compile your apps with the iOS SDK. Unless you're going for a web-app approach, but then we're talking about HTML5/javascript and not native binaries.

Using a Mac doesn't hinder you from developing cross platform, at least when i comes to Android/iOS. Windows Phone 7 is another matter of course. From what I know your then stuck with Visual Studio and Windows.

Windows and Mac are funny in the following ways.

On a mac = you can dev for iOS and Android but NOT windows 7,(W7 no corona support which you will need visual studio etc)

On a PC, you can dev for android, and windows 7 (no using corona for w7) but you can't develop iOS via corona sdk.

So what I have found, is having a mac gets you both android and iOS. Just make sure you have an intel based mac otherwise Corona SDK will no worky.

ng

views:2215 update:2011/10/22 17:28:16
corona forums © 2003-2011