tableView library

Not sure where to post this, so I'll try here.

I've been looking over the tableView library, and while it's a decent start, it really doesn't come close to what I need. It is basically completely useless when it comes to an iPad.

The following issues definitely need to be addressed:

. There is no way to set the bounds of the table. Instead of being full screen at all times, you need to be able to contain it within a rectangle.

. There is no way to specify cell height.

. There is no way to specify font size.

. Can list data be changed dynamically? Thinking about how you initialize a tableView object, it doesn't seem like you could.

I don't consider that an exhaustive list. There are probably necessary things that I don't remember or haven't come across.

If these things aren't being worked on, I understand, but it means a change to the way I write my next app, so it'd be nice if I could just get told that it's a month out, or three months out, or whatever.

Thanks,

Sean.

Sean

Due to the nomenclature, by TableView, do you mean a listview? and if so, does this help

Lists Views

Carlos

TableView is sample code to show how to create a tableview in Corona and was never intended to be a complete solution. We published the source code for the project so anyone is free to modify it to suit their own needs. I'm not sure there are any plans to extend it functionality.

Thanks,
-Tom

Hello, it seems i can't clip the tableView to a restricted rectangle area. The whole list is moving up/down. I tried to use a mask for the tableView but this disables the touch events for the list (not scrolling)
How can I achieve this?

views:1849 update:2011/10/19 8:59:29
corona forums © 2003-2011