iFly is out now!

Hi all,

iFly, our very first game is out now!
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ifly/id469795427?mt=8

Here's the description from the iTunes store:

------------------------------------------------------

Take to the skies with iFly!

If you like games such as iCopter, then this game is for you!

Your aim is to fly as far as you can using your ride by pressing the button to keep your ride afloat.

Be careful you don't crash!

Features:

- Choose from two initial rides, with the ability to unlock more!

- Three initial themes to begin with - Classico, Ancient Egypt and City Skyline.

- Collect coins to in order to unlock other rides

- Post your score to Twitter and Facebook - can your friends beat your score?!

- Strange floating feeling - Play the game and you'll know what we mean!

To celebrate here's 10 promo codes up for grabs:

REM46F4NF6NK
3WET9P9R7EWH
ENNWMHAH4YHT
FN46NW9TAY93
E36HT6LAWTNX
9FH7N747F4AM
KA7E677Y6XXK
WYLXXJAKEEMY
9PPPREEMHNF3
RPY4XPTX964P

Thanks to everyone here on the Corona SDK forums - simply put, we couldn't have done it without you!

Here's our Facebook page too if you'd like to follow us: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Replay-Games/256420707732814

Cheers!

Replay Games (formerly w.baig84)

E36HT6LAWTNX taken
Review will follow

Thanks for checking it out!

my fist experience - music was running on iTunes on the iPod Touch and when I started the game the music surprisingly didn't stop. It stopped when the level was loaded - but the whole iPod stopped ;) Yes it crashed

Next try - graphics very good, music nice, fonts sometimes to small to read on iPod/iPhone.

Sorry it took more than 5 games to find out how to control the thing. Before I could check I crashed anywhere. Then I got it and now I think - its much to hard to get some coins in the first level.... so fun was died very quickly.

Maybe you should make the obstacles smaller (not in the middle of the space) and the movement slower in the first levels to come in the game better.

ok - let's see how it feels for other people.

Give it somebody without explaining and watch what happens.

Thanks for highlighting those issues you're currently having.

Regarding the iPod Touch issue...did it actually crash 5 times or just the once?

The application was tested on devices and there were no issues at all then.

Cheers

ENNWMHAH4YHT
taken.

Crashes during loading (after chosen theme)
iTouch 2g

Just bought it - I mostly support my fellow developer in situations like these (what's a measly dollar anyway), but I can't say I enjoyed it. I played for about 3 minutes, and then put down my iPad.

Reasons for not enjoying the game:
- it's only on 320 x 480 resolution - I'm expecting universal builds by now, with high-res graphics, especially if the game is this simple.
- the controls are annoying. The button is way to small, which is all the more silly because there's only one button to press (so the whole screen could be the button) and the balloon movement is too unresponsive.
- the graphics are too simple and unappealing to me.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd rather be honest and suggest improvements than just say: "great job" if I see a lot of room for improvement. Well, I did by the app so you did make 70 cents of me! ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas

Thanks for the feedback guys.

- It seems that there is an issue with the app running on iTouch devices. What iOS version are you using, as the minimum requirement is iOS 3.1.

- Regarding the resolution - it is detecting retina graphics on the iPhone 4, but it must not be doing it for the iPad, so I'll have to look into this.

- As for the button being the whole screen...whilst the old iCopters did this, I found it quite annoying! I found that being able to click anywhere ended up obstructing the view so I couldn't see the oncoming obstacles. Never the less, if players prefer being able to click anywhere, then this could be added as an option.

- The graphics were all handmade by me and it is our very first game - in fact, it's our first ever release! :P

Cheers for the feedback again, please keep it coming!

views:1447 update:2011/10/18 15:01:22
corona forums © 2003-2011