My Corona crashes every time

Hello,

Has anyone found a way around this? If I run simulator on it's own, it works fine. If I start the debugger and then open up a project, the simulator crashes and hangs.

Any help on this much appreciated as I'm eager to get started on Corona.

Tom

Hey there,

When you say you are getting started with Corona - is there a reason you're running the debugger at this stage? (I'm just checking as if you're new you might be confusing it with terminal; it's happened before.)

If not and you are in fact needing debugger - can you tell me what sample project you are opening that's crashing the simulator as well as what version of Corona you're using and on which OS?

Cheers :)

Peach

Hello Peach,

Thanks for the help.

I've been developing for a while although I'm new to Corona and just wanted to see if I could get the debugger up and running. :-)

Here's the process I do.

1) Go to Applications -> Corona -> Debugger
2) This starts the debugger
3) I click trial on the popup and then choose a project to open.

(It doesn't matter which project I open, the results are the same. I've tried it on a blank project I've created, and also on the sample code).

4) The simulator starts and the little colour timer wheel pops up and the software is then locked up.

Version: Build 2011.484 - Mac OX Snow Leapord 10.6.7

Thanks!

Tom

Heya Tom,

I just ran a little test on my own machine (also running 10.6.7) with 484 and everything went smoothly.

I'm not as experienced with the technical stuff as I am with using Corona itself, but I will email someone about this.

Peach :)

Thanks Peach!

And thanks too for your tutorials. I'm working my way through them and they're excellent.

Tom

This happens for me as well... Works fine on my laptop, but not the desktop.

views:1489 update:2011/9/27 18:14:54
corona forums © 2003-2011