Cant build for IOS

I am trying to figure out how to publish for iOS (newbie here and boy does Apple make you jump through hoops!) and now I am getting this message when I try to start the build.

"The iOS SDK located at /Developer is missing the following component(s):
copypng
codesign_allocate
Please (re)install the the iOS SDK."

Any ideas?

Have you installed xcode?

Yes I have xcode on my machine. I have used it. Right now I am now downloading a newer version of xcode and ios sdk to see if that helps. Any other thoughts?

After I reinstalled it started working! at least for the iOS. Now I cant build for Android. I get this error!

2011-05-27 18:04:41.229 Corona Simulator[9853:903] Connection error: (corona.get) ({
"/kWSHTTPResponseMessage" = "{url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc; status = HTTP/1.1 200 OK}";
})

Anyone?

After I reinstalled it started working! at least for the iOS. Now I cant build for Android. I get this error!

2011-05-27 18:04:41.229 Corona Simulator[9853:903] Connection error: (corona.get) ({
"/kWSHTTPResponseMessage" = "{url = http://developer.anscamobile.com/services/xmlrpc; status = HTTP/1.1 200 OK}";
})

Anyone?

Maybe a firewall issue?

Im not sure how that could be as I previously built the same apps for Android, and it was working just fine. It started today when I tried to do an update. Also, I have tried two different internet connections and run into the same results. I have downloaded new versions of Corona, and reinstalled them, and still ran into the error. And idea how to resolve it if it is a firewall, or any other ideas on the cause?

Thank you!

Hi, I'm now getting the same "copypng not found" error when I try to build for iOS. It's very odd as I built a number of test apps just days ago without issue. The only difference I can think of is that I updated XCode to the iOS 5 beta 2 and I'm running on a wireless network at a different location.

Any ideas?

Thx!

I'm not certain but last I checked we weren't supporting the latest Xcode BETA - just the latest stable, so that would be the first thing I'd look at.

Some people have mentioned having issues in the past when connecting via different IPs however personally I haven't encountered that. (I use a dynamic IP.)

Peach :)

Hi Peach,

Thanks for the quick response. How quickly after the golden release (in this case for iOS v5) is the Corona SDK updated to support it? I'm wondering if I'll need to install the last golden release in a separate dir and point Corona to it...

Cheers, Ken

I can't tell you that, namely because I don't know ;) (Not my area, sorry!)

That said, I've always updated Xcode when a new stable build is out and Corona has always worked with it - so based on past experience my guess would be very shortly after. (Don't take that as gospel, though.)

Peach :)

Hy. xCode 5 beta 7 - build error says: missing cocpypng...
Any ideas to fix it?

views:2076 update:2011/10/15 14:27:43
corona forums © 2003-2011