how will the updates to Lime work?

Hi!,

Graham, I have a doubt on how will we update our versions of lime.

When we buy the software, you send us a link to download the files, and that link has a life span of 2 hrs. After that time I wasn't able to download it again. When a new update is pushed to the servers, how will you notice us and how will we download it?

thanks!

Hi,

The 2 hour limit on that download is a security measure so that the link can't be shared on other sites etc. You can still access the latest code at any point via the members section - http://www.justaddli.me/members/downloads.php

For the previous updates what I have done is sent out an email to everyone detailing the new update and informing them that it is available.

As Lime isn't a compiled product like SpriteDeck or CPM it would be tricky to allow for auto-updates, I could create a separate program that you would run, like a Lime Manager, that would inform you of new updates etc however the development of that would simply take away the time I have for the actual development of Lime.

I fully agree. Once Lime goes down and releases get further out we will want to stabilize our own code around it. Don't think auto updates would work in that sense. The current setup is ok for me. Graham is always available & responsive so if you miss your 2 hours link then shot him an email. Simple.

views:2032 update:2011/10/13 16:39:51
corona forums © 2003-2011