Are there recommendations to avoid performance issue?

Hello, I have looked in the forum but don't see a post that details the performance issue.

I just completed my first map that is only 320x4800 (so 1x10 iphone screens) using 32 pixel tiles... the map is rather simple but the ball that I am bouncing around in this space travels very slowly when the code is loaded on the actual iphone... I assumed that this was a rather small map but, then again, I'm new to this hole map thing.

Is there a post that tells the "safe dimensions" or better describes the exact performance issue?... Maybe I just missed it in my scan of the forum.

Thanks!
Tim

The main performance issue is simply ( as far as I and other people have been able to decipher ) is down to how many objects are being drawn at any one time. So the fewer the better. 10 screens of fairly sparse tiles will still be a lot of images.

Now that Carlos et al are looking into performance issues directly against Lime I hope to have some more information about the issues soon.

Okay... thanks for the update. It's great to hear that Carlos is involved... lime is a great concept.
Tim

Great news indeed! :-)

views:1609 update:2011/10/13 16:30:09
corona forums © 2003-2011