sudden black screen in android

Hi,

I've been developing an app that works fine in the simulator, but after a few minutes of running fine in android (on a motorola defy), it suddenly crashes to a black screen (but the app doesn't exit).

I've been searching the forums here and i can't see anything quite the same.

The spelling-case of my assets are all correct, and I don't dynamically load any assets anyway (I only have 3 at the moment!). The garbage collector is being called relatively regularly.

I'm using the trial build 2011.591, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem, or where I could look for a log? Any help much appreciated... I will eventually be investing in a full license...

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Ah think I've found what's causing the error in case anyone else has this problem.

I realised that it only ever crashed when using multi touch (it's not enabled in my app). I think this was triggering some unexpected events in my logic... I expect there's a nil access somewhere going on.

Obviously this is something that wouldn't show up when using the simulator with a mouse.

Glad to hear you think you've isolated your problem, I hope from there you're able to get it working how you want it :)

Peach

views:1448 update:2011/10/26 9:29:31
corona forums © 2003-2011