director transitions on android don't work

when i test my game on my HTC desire, there is no transition between scenes, the image freeze for the time of the transition, and the new one appears immediatly. Is this a common problem?

Wow that's interesting. I'm using director for my app and transitions are working fine on my Droid X. I used to have that problem though! Cross check your code with the sample project included with director and see if you have the same code he does.

Good luck!

well, it's working fine in the simulator...
i use this for transition:

function changeScene(e)
        if(e.phase == "ended") then
                TextCandy.CleanUp()     
                director:changeScene(e.target.scene, "fade")
        end

For me the transitions don't work in simulator, and don't work in iPod/iPhone. I'm using director 1.2 and a simple director:changeScene("newScene", "fade"). I have tried other transitions and get nothing.

Are you sure you are setting up the new scene / module correctly?
At the top of the module you must have:

module(..., package.seeall)

and it must also contain a new() function that returns the module's display group to work.
Eg at its most basic, a module should look roughly like this:

module(..., package.seeall)

local localGroup = display.newGroup()

-- Here you should insert your scene background image, buttons etc, just remeber you MUST add all these to the localGroup

function new()
   return localGroup
end

I have similar problem. Everything works on simulator and iOS device, but most transitions fail in Android (HTC Aria).

I have found my problem.
I have downloaded a modified version of director class. When I get the official version the transtions work.
Thank you

views:1382 update:2011/10/13 9:25:17
corona forums © 2003-2011