Camera/Image Upload App

I'd like to create an app that would allow users to upload images from their device and display them on a website. That's the core idea - I'd like the images associated or posted under the user's account. If the app could access the devices camera that would be nice as well.

Is something like this possible with Corona? My site currently runs on wordpress and allows users to upload images as a post from the front end of the site.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. I'm an experienced web developer who primarily works with php.

Thanks!

Sure it's possible.

You can access the users photo library so no problems there. Also uploading them would be no problem, along with a title or whatever. The camera is also supported. Check API reference for which devices it is currently supported on. (Definitely supported on IOS)

As for posting under the users account, That's possible too.... Implementing that though would be varied based on the sites set up etc. I'm sure with some clever programming it could be made seamless.

Well that's good news. You wouldn't be able to provide any input on where to start would you? Thanks!

views:1592 update:2011/10/11 8:57:46
corona forums © 2003-2011