APK versionCode...

Hi.
Last night I've uploaded a little app to the android app store compiled with Corona Gaming Edition Alpha 2 using version 1.1.2
Today I've figured I used aif instead of mp3, so converted the sounds, compiled with versión 1.1.2.1 uploaded and got this message

The new apk's versionCode (1) in AndroidManifest.xml must be higher than the old apk's versionCode (1).
The server could not process your apk. Try again.

Then I did few tests, like changing the version to 2.0 and things like that, but I keep getting the same message.

Is there a way to solve this??

Thanks!

Sorry. found it.

Creating the build.settings files and adding

settings =
{
android =
{
versionCode = "2"
}
}

Solved the issue.

But now I am running in a worse one, The app is called URNoiseMaker.

The app crash with this error on the android app store:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.berlinproductions.apps.urnoisemaker/com.berlinproductions.apps.urnoisemaker.MyCoronaActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the child's parent first.
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2496)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2512)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2200(ActivityThread.java:119)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1863)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Method.java:-2)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(NativeStart.java:-2)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the child's parent first.
at android.view.ViewGroup.addViewInner(ViewGroup.java:1861)
at android.view.ViewGroup.addView(ViewGroup.java:1756)
at android.view.ViewGroup.addView(ViewGroup.java:1736)
at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.setContentView(PhoneWindow.java:217)
at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.setContentView(PhoneWindow.java:207)
at android.app.Activity.setContentView(Activity.java:1633)
at com.ansca.corona.CoronaActivity.onCreate([unknown source]:-1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2459)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2512)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2200(ActivityThread.java:119)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1863)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Method.java:-2)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(NativeStart.java:-2)

Exception class: java.lang.IllegalStateException

Source method: ViewGroup.addViewInner()

Platform: Droid

Haven't seen this... I need more information about your app. What is it doing? What device are you running it on?

Sure no problem, you can contact me by email.
The app is relative simple, a set of 4 panes, 3 with buttons, sound events for each, labels, and 4 bottom buttons that shows or hide the panes, and lastly I've used the Game Edition Alpha 2 because I've added a little physics to the buttons so they fall down wen you press 1 button (on each pane only) and you can use the accelerometer to move them around, just that. I've tested the app on the corona Simulator that has 0 problems, and then i've compiled for production and installed the apk into the android simulator "the one that comes with the sdk", wich btw worked a little bad because the alphas weren't rendered and these things, but I supposed this was because there're no acceleration, but well, it worked., I have a friend with a droid (I am waiting for a droid phone I bought), so I've published the app, he went to the android site, downloaded, and reported it wasn't working; but then I've got 3 comments about the app not working and 1 extra with the crash report. The crash report is from a Droid device. Now the app is unpublished until I find out a way to resolve the issue ...

The app is back on the Android Market. I've used pure graphics, no text, and removed the Shake event, and now all work perfectly on my Huawei U8220 with Android 1.5, even better than my iPhone 3G :)
You can search for URNoiseMaker on the Android Market
Thanks!
Roberto.

views:1776 update:2011/10/9 9:57:41
corona forums © 2003-2011