Android built package is very very slow...

Hi,
The Android package is very very slow, is there a possiblity of getting better response from the Android hardware?

cheers,

Jayant C Varma

Here is the Game ROBORun that I had created in Objective C about last year and is on the stores. I have just redone the same in Corona to get the multi-platform advantage, here;s some of the issues

1. UIImageView gives me animation, MovieClip.lua is similar but unpredictable on the outcomes. So animation of multiple sprites is an issue
2. Open Feint is not working (for me) under the new version of Corona SDK, so cannot add the social networking options
3. Android does not play music while the iPhone version keeps chirping
4. Speed on the Android device is super slow

For those that have an Android device and would like to try ROBORun, here's a copy that you can install on your Android devices (1.6 onwards)

http://www.oz-apps.com/files/ROBORun.apk

Please provide feedback if you can

cheers,

Jayant C Varma

Tested the game on a samsung galaxy s android 2.1
animations are choppy
I am having the same issue with an app I did for the iphone that I am trying to port for android.

Hi Lourenco,
Thanks for giving it a try. Do you have any other comments or suggestions? Once I get the OpenFeint working (dunno why its not working for me) and/or facebook, I could start to use the online scores.

cheers,

Jayant C Varma

I was experiencing the same slowness using a Nexus S, and it was related to using the 1.6 compatibility. I've changed it to 2.2 and the slowness went away :)

Hope it helps.

Alex

Tested on Tmobile G2... overclocked to 1Ghz and running Cyanogenmod 6.1...

Runs great, no sound... I am wondering if this thread is still valid as this was posted a while ago.

I am still looking for clues to getting my app to stop being horribly slow!

the new release will be ARM7 2.2 only.

C.

views:1597 update:2011/10/8 15:12:54
corona forums © 2003-2011