Chicken or egg?

I am about ready to deploy my first app on the Android Market, and want to include a "link" in my app to my Market page.

I read somewhere how to create the URL in the app using some sort of Market ID...but if my app is not on the market yet...how do you create the link using this ID?

Guess I could use a "search phrase" in the app URL until the app is on the Market....or...I did notice you could upload apps to the Market without "Publishing"....maybe that would give me the "id".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Yes, add your app, even before you're ready to upload your binary. You have to go through most of the steps (which can be revised when you're ready to upload your file), but in the meantime it will give you the link to your app (the link will say "View in App Store").

I think he's talking about android.

Your Android Market link will be your com name. Eg for my game walkabout:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.base2.walkaboutb

notice the com.base2.walkaboutb - its the same com name you put into corona when you build it. Typically tho the trial version of your app points to the paid? You should upload the paid one first I guess.

Anyway, there's no approval period on Android and updates are instant. If you do get it wrong just update it quickly :P

Oops! Sorry I read too fast! Thanks for the correction and info.

views:1604 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011