Simulator problem with build 505 and 591

I noticed when build 505 came out that media event sounds would only work once in the simulator and there after no sound would be played. Though sounds still fire on device as regular. when I found this out I changed everything to the audio api. After testing that on device I found that memory in the app would increase with every level change. The only way to actually see this memory rise is to press the home button and check the process. I had my memory up and > than 100 mb. Alos I did dispose of all my audio files on each level change to. So the only thing I could do was revert back to the media api.
I also had an in game memory count function which said memory was normal. Like I said the only way you could actually see this memory rise is to check the actuall process. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks, JM

Have you submitted a bug report? When you do, please reference this forum thread (and also reply here with the casenum so others can track this issue).

Thanks! Here's the bug submission form:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/bug-submission

Thanks for the reply John and all the controbutions you have made to the community. I have learned a great deal off your code.

I wasnt sure if I should submit a bug, I wanted to try and confirm with other devs that the issue was a bug and not me. I know the media play event is a bug since it works on ealier builds. So I will submit a bug for that. But as for the audio api issue I noticed, I,m unsure.

Thanks again,

JM

views:1487 update:2011/10/8 8:54:25
corona forums © 2003-2011